Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Future is Now

I could talk about the massive defeat we just suffered (13-3). I could try to put a positive spin on it by talking about Jones or Alvarez connecting for another hit and RBI. I could talk about Eveland and his failure and release. I could defend the Eveland trade (which I will in a later post). But instead we need to focus on the important thing.

The dominating performance of Colton Cain and Trent Stevenson in the GCL. Both men arrived with high expectations, especially Cain. Both men suffered some minor injuries, but this was their beginning with the Pirates. This is the group that will probably arrive with Tallion and Allie (along with Zack Von Rosenburg). Well they impressed.
Cain threw 4 innings and only allowed 1 hit. Two strikeouts. No runs.
Stevenson threw 5 innings and only allowed 2 hits. He had a strike out and only one run.
That is a complete game between the two of them with only 3 hits. That is good. Now I know that this is only rookie league, but it is a great start.

No comments:

Post a Comment