Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dana Eveland

So the Pirates made a trade the other day. They picked up a washed up Blue Jay pitcher, Dana Eveland. The price was Double A relief pitcher Ronald Uveido. Uveido was put on the 40 man this off season, but I was never as high on this kid as the Pirates were, so I am not so devestated by this move. Uviedo probably would have made the majors as a bullpen guy. Nice fast ball, strike out pitcher, but fly ball pitcher. Still, he is a major league bull pen guy.

I don't have a problem with this trade as far as the personel. I think Eveland is going to be worth more than Uviedo. We have plenty of bullpen talent such as Moskos or Foster. And this year proves that spending some money on the bullpen can make it good in any year. Still, what worries me about this deal is that it seems to be saying Lincoln will not be up until July at least. Lincoln needs to be in the majors.

The only bright spot is that we currently have two holes in the rotation. Morton and Burres. I kind of hope Karstens gets one, and Lincoln should get the other. However, if Eveland gets one and Lincoln the other I will be happy enough. Let us see how this guy does before we get to bent out of shape about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment