Friday, June 11, 2010

Another loss (0-3) and a link

I am not sure what Coach JR was thinking, but it makes me renew my request for new managment. Tabata was not in the line up? Church at DH? That guy can actually throw people out from the outfield. Milledge has been lax in the outfield. I don't get it. I guess I can understand Doumit at 1B because if something were to happen to Jarmillo, you would lose the DH if Doumit had to go play catcher and the pitcher would then have to bat. And I can see the point in playing Aki here as he has experience versus these pitchers. But I would have put Tabata in the game for sure. I would have kept LaRoche at third and Walker at second and made Aki my DH. Milledge and Church then sit. At least something like that. Instead, Church plays and wears the collar. Aki gets two walks, but wears the collar too. I think Milledge managed a hit, but all the offense came from McCutchen. He got an RBI and he scored a run late in the game on a hit by Jones. Ohlendorf collapsed after sailing and the Pirates lose.

More importantly a nice round up of draft picks signability. Kevin Decker has already signed. I know we should not get too exicted about a 3rd day draft choice, but I grew up watching Southern Conference sports and while the College of Charleston is a rival of my alma mater, it is always good to see someone from the SoCon make it. Welcome to the Pirates Mr. Decker. I will be watching.

Also I am encouraged to see that Kingham looks like he could be easy to sign. I like him. Kirsch too. Rojas should not pose a problem. In fact, most of the top 10 should sign with the exception of Kime and perhaps Kubitza. That would be fine with me as I am not a fan of Kime. Too much of a project. Kubitza is not worth the money he is asking. Let him go to college. Gives us more money to make sure we sign Tallion and Alle. It is hard for me to believe the Pirates would not sign Tallion and Alle's price tag was well known. He wants 3 mil, and has turned down 2 mil. So, I think the Pirates had to know what they were getting into and wanted to get into it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment